Welcome Viewers

On this blog there is good up to date information on rats. Below to the right are the dates of when I posted stuff. Click on the side ways arowose to see the posts that I wrote for that month. If you would like to read a little about me click on "Me and My Blog." Please feel free to watch the You Tube videos about rats - except for the five random videos that keep coming up, they have nothing to do with rats. I don't know why, also please vote on the serveys and leave comments. Please come back every once in a while because I will be posting things very often, so stay in tune. Feel free to click on the adds, some of them you may find helpful because they will bring you to discount rat cages. Hope this blog is useful. Thanks for reading!

Search Here

Custom Search

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Why to Choose a Rat Over Other Animals

When you ask some one "Do you have any small animals?" they usually say that they have no animals or that they have a hamster. Hamsters look like so much fun with their tube trails and their cute faces. But if you've ever held a hamster, you've probably found out that they're restless and they bite. Or you've heard the owner's story of how they get bit by their hamster and have to wear gloves. Hamsters are also a lot less as intelegent as rats and you can't train them. They also don't come out of their tubes when you want to hold them. Rats, on the other hand, are very smart. First of all you can potty train rats. You can also train them tricks for fun or for competitions, you've probably haven't heard of a rat competition, but they're very big and you can win huge trophies. Rats are also very clean, you may notice that when you're done holding your rat, they usually clean themselves. Rats also love people. Rats always want to be held and I've never been bit by a rat. So next time your debating what to buy, a rat or a hamster. Choose a rat as your new furry friend.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

RATS!!! Dirty, FREAKIN' RATS!! but they are awful cute!!! DR. L

Anonymous said...

Don't go around saying hamsters are stupid. I have a hamster, and its a lot better than a stinkin rat.

Anonymous said...

Hamsters aren't stupid, they're just not as intellegent as rats. Hamsters are more for show, while rats are more for holding, competition, training, and their intellegents. Rats are actually 90 percent gene ralated to humans, so if you're calling rats lame, then your 90% as lame as rats, which aren't lame. If we were 90% the same as hamsters we would be unintellegent, stinky, untranable, unholdable, and mean. I also just trained my rat in 30 minutes how to do a complex obsticle course that a hamster could never do.

Anonymous said...

Hamsters also don't know when winter is, so they always store their food. And you think rats are DUMB!
- Yours Truly
Rat Man

Anonymous said...

hi-
Was up!!! This blog is rockin! Now I really like rats and I might get one just because of this blog. It is really useful and I go on it a lot. Your rats are so so so so so so cute and adorable!!!!! You have really good come backs because kid how has a hampster is weird. And when you typed backed to him you had really good and funny come backs!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi-
This blog rocks!!! Now I really want to make a blog. You have really good information on here. I might even get a rat because of this blog and this information. Your rat Chelsey is so so so so so adorable I love her and Lulu. For the rats what kind of food do you get them? You are the best rat man!!!

Anonymous said...

To answer your question, I give them Kaytee Forti-Diet Crunch and Forti-Diet Nutrition Blocks (lab blocks). I'll probably get a picture of the food I get, on my blog soon. They have the food I get at the Petco store and on Petco.com.

Anonymous said...

I have a rat and a hamster. Both are great, but I have noticed that my rat loves to be with me a lot more than my hamster. But when you say that ALL hampsers bite a lot, YOU ARE WRONG. My hamster has only bitten me once or twice his whole life, about 3 years. Both times have never drawn blood and I could barley feel it. So don't be agaisnt all hamsters.

Anonymous said...

I have had both rats and hamsters for many years and comparing the two is like comparing cats and dogs. There are good things about both of them, it just depends what people look for in a pet. A well socialized hamster will not bite, and the average hamster cage in the US is way too small for any hamster. Hamsters don't like tubes and the average syrian hamster is too large for them anyway. My dwarf hamster often crawls onto my hand by herself, wanting to be taken out of the cage. Although hamsters aren't as smart or playful as rats, they have their positives. I personally prefer rats though, because they bond so much more to people and are incredibly smart.

If you don't think rats are necessarily the pet you are looking for, but want a pet similar to a rat, I would look into a chinchilla. This link is great for the history of chinchillas, and is really interesting.
Google

Have any questions or comments? Email me at ratmanbv@gmail.com

ratmanbv@gmail.com