Welcome Viewers

On this blog there is good up to date information on rats. Below to the right are the dates of when I posted stuff. Click on the side ways arowose to see the posts that I wrote for that month. If you would like to read a little about me click on "Me and My Blog." Please feel free to watch the You Tube videos about rats - except for the five random videos that keep coming up, they have nothing to do with rats. I don't know why, also please vote on the serveys and leave comments. Please come back every once in a while because I will be posting things very often, so stay in tune. Feel free to click on the adds, some of them you may find helpful because they will bring you to discount rat cages. Hope this blog is useful. Thanks for reading!

Search Here

Custom Search

Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Dare Devil Rat

Did you know that rats can actually do some amazing things, that you probably don't know about? Rats can sprint up to 24 mph. That's faster than an Olympic runner. Rats can also tread water for three days, not even a human can do that! And swim half a mile! Don't try this with your rat, but they can survive jumping off of a 50 foot building, I'd like to see you do that. And to think a rat's body is only about five inches, while a grown male human is 6 feet tall. You probably haven't seen your rat do these things, but its possible. Remember, don't try any of what I just told you with your rat.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I never knew a rat could do these things! Although this morning I found out that my rat could jump pretty high if he wanted to. He was playing in my bath tub(drain plugged no water) and when i went to get in, he jumped up and out to meet me! it was like a foot or so jump!!! Wow!

jazzy01 said...

My old rat theredore was sitting on my shoulder and i stood up and the cat jumped on the couch behind me and theredore jumped off my shoulder and ran into the wall then into the cats food bowl then i put him back in his cage.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I knew rats were pretty athletic, but I didn't know they could do such amazing things!

Anonymous said...

rats can't tred water for 3 days.
my baby dumbo fell in the toliet while i was at work and she died in like 2 hours.
it was so sad. i miss her

Anonymous said...

shouldn't the toilet have been covered?

DizzyJazzy said...

Not all rats are used to water. With some of them, training is required. Besides, didn't you say she was a baby? You really should've had the top down. It's not fair for a poor rat to die because of their owner's carelessness.

DizzyJazzy said...

Haha it's actually 2:30 where I am

Anonymous said...

Man I wish my rat liked water

Anonymous said...

I was just wondering what sort of rat would be good for a first time rat owner and what's a cheap breed aswell

Anonymous said...

A dumbo rat is great for beginners! They are cute, smart, and very friendly. They're only like 13 bucks at the store

Unknown said...

I knew they could do amazing things my little girl rat jumps up from the floor on to anything hanging like towels and stuff and then climbed up an on to the bed or bench little acrobat i called her

Unknown said...

Wow, I guess rats are Dare Devils! :)

If you don't think rats are necessarily the pet you are looking for, but want a pet similar to a rat, I would look into a chinchilla. This link is great for the history of chinchillas, and is really interesting.
Google

Have any questions or comments? Email me at ratmanbv@gmail.com

ratmanbv@gmail.com