Welcome Viewers

On this blog there is good up to date information on rats. Below to the right are the dates of when I posted stuff. Click on the side ways arowose to see the posts that I wrote for that month. If you would like to read a little about me click on "Me and My Blog." Please feel free to watch the You Tube videos about rats - except for the five random videos that keep coming up, they have nothing to do with rats. I don't know why, also please vote on the serveys and leave comments. Please come back every once in a while because I will be posting things very often, so stay in tune. Feel free to click on the adds, some of them you may find helpful because they will bring you to discount rat cages. Hope this blog is useful. Thanks for reading!

Search Here

Custom Search

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Benefits of Having More Than one Rat

There are some benefits of having more than one rat. One of them is they clean each other. That is good because they will be less stinky and more clean. Also if one rat gets sick the other rat will take care of it. For example the healthy rat will bring the sick rat food, clean it more often, and maybe bring it something warm, like more bedding. Another benefit of having two rats is they will give each other attention, but it is still very important you hold them as much as you can every day. They will also keep each other warm and sleep together. But there are some disadvantages. You will have to buy more food and bedding because 2 rats equals twice as much waste. So you'll have to spend a little more money. But there are so many other things you will get to see, like two rats drinking from the bottle and rats bundled up in a ball all sleeping together. I'm sure you'll enjoy having two or more rats.

6 comments:

Jilian said...

Thank you for your blog about rats.. i have 2 standard, i think,,, and they are young, and i think they have come from the save litter. Anyways, they are males, and some times i see them wrestling, is that normal? I do notice them grooming each other and cuddling etc, and also i was was wondering how much to feed them and how often? Do i just make sure that food is there all the time or what? Also the cage is 11"high and wide, and 21" long right now.. would that be a good size for one rat?

Anonymous said...

I'm going to buy a rat in the next couple days and my mum says that if you buy two rats they will bond with each other instead of you. Is that true?
We have the money for two rats so that isn't a problem.

Anonymous said...

I've always gotten two (females) and haven't had any problem at all with them bonding with each other and not wanting to bond w/me. I think having two is the very best for them and for us!

Unknown said...

I'm contemplating on a friend for my 'Remy'! He's not very active, of course the previous owner didn't provide him with much in the way of toys. It's difficult to find breeders/ratteries here in Hawaii. Rats are an unwelcome critter from the west. It's to bad about the attitude here about them. I was told there is a rat rescue here. I might try there, I'd hate to have to go to Petco to get him a friend.

Anonymous said...

I have 4 rats in a split level cage which is about a metre high and wide by about 60cm deep, we've never had an issue with them bonding with us or each other just the odd "i dont want my food so im taking yours scrap" they quite often wrestle but theyre just playing and have never bitten each other. wehave to albino dumbo;s and one white and grey and one brown dumbo.

Unknown said...

Uhm woot?

If you don't think rats are necessarily the pet you are looking for, but want a pet similar to a rat, I would look into a chinchilla. This link is great for the history of chinchillas, and is really interesting.
Google

Have any questions or comments? Email me at ratmanbv@gmail.com

ratmanbv@gmail.com