Welcome Viewers

On this blog there is good up to date information on rats. Below to the right are the dates of when I posted stuff. Click on the side ways arowose to see the posts that I wrote for that month. If you would like to read a little about me click on "Me and My Blog." Please feel free to watch the You Tube videos about rats - except for the five random videos that keep coming up, they have nothing to do with rats. I don't know why, also please vote on the serveys and leave comments. Please come back every once in a while because I will be posting things very often, so stay in tune. Feel free to click on the adds, some of them you may find helpful because they will bring you to discount rat cages. Hope this blog is useful. Thanks for reading!

Search Here

Custom Search

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Chattering of the Teeth - and other weird things

If you've noticed your rat kind of chattering its teeth or sort of grinding them, its nothing abnormal. When they do that its just sharpening their teeth, and making sure they don't over grow.
....................................................................................................................................
You might have also noticed a sort of red-crust around your rats eyes when they wake up when you come to visit them. That is nothing to worry about. Rats have a red pigment in their tears, so all that it is, is dried up tears. Nothing to worry about. If you don't like the way it looks, (I don't) just very gently rub them off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey my rat has scabs on her neck area.
i'va gaven her a bath a couple time sa week to see if that helps, but what could it be from?

it would be helpful if you replied to me in an email since i just randomly found this site.
x_Candy_skulls@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I have 2 albino rats from a lab. Rats have something called porphyrin, and its a redish pigment. Its really evident on my girls because they are white so when they are in stressful situations they get pink stains usually between their shoulder blades. It usually goes away in a few days but the crusty stuff on their eyes and nose happens more often and just rubs off really easily.

If you don't think rats are necessarily the pet you are looking for, but want a pet similar to a rat, I would look into a chinchilla. This link is great for the history of chinchillas, and is really interesting.
Google

Have any questions or comments? Email me at ratmanbv@gmail.com

ratmanbv@gmail.com