Welcome Viewers

On this blog there is good up to date information on rats. Below to the right are the dates of when I posted stuff. Click on the side ways arowose to see the posts that I wrote for that month. If you would like to read a little about me click on "Me and My Blog." Please feel free to watch the You Tube videos about rats - except for the five random videos that keep coming up, they have nothing to do with rats. I don't know why, also please vote on the serveys and leave comments. Please come back every once in a while because I will be posting things very often, so stay in tune. Feel free to click on the adds, some of them you may find helpful because they will bring you to discount rat cages. Hope this blog is useful. Thanks for reading!

Search Here

Custom Search

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Me and My Blog



Rats are great pets to have, but there are some things you need to know to take care of them. I have had many rats. I got my first rat when I was just six. Since then I have gotten many books about rats and have done much research to help my rats be healthier and live longer. Rats are great pets to have and never bite. I have never been bitten by any of my rats and only licked. Although hamsters bite. If you would like to learn lots about rats and how to take care of them,my blog has very good and precise information. Right now I do not have very much information, but very soon I will have a lot mor information. Please post comments so I can improve my blog, no email address required!
This is a picture of my third rat - Daisy - on top of my dog's head - Rex

7 comments:

Unknown said...

hey im rat gurl and my rat is dieing sould i be sad?!?

Anonymous said...

Rat Man,
I just got my first rat a couple months ago, and I'm eleven. You got your frst rat very early! That's cool!

Anonymous said...

I had 2 female rats. One of them got a very large tumour of the mammary tissue (breast) and after 1 630.00 dollar surgery, it was successfully removed. She did very well, but then she had another tumour found in the exact same place. Bottom line: there is a 30 percent chance that if you have an non-spayed female rat, she will have a tumour. IF she does have a tumour, then there is a 50 percent chance that there will be another tumour somewhere else you can;t see, and that includes inside the body, which could affect the heart or lungs. You should choose your pet because of what you want and if you know you will love it, not because of the risks. I just hope this is some good information about female rats. good luck!!

Unknown said...

I had 4 female rats and they NEVER had any tumours or anything. only thing is that one of them once had a urinary infection caused by dusty bedding so be careful. They can get tumours but not very likely. But if they do (even though they don't really affect the animal at first) then be prepared to choose: 1. take your rat into the vet and have it removed surgically for a very low risk for between 150 and 600 dollars depending on the vet or 2. do nothing and let the rat enjoy the rest of her natural life, until the tumour gets too big and starts sucking nutrients from her body. but if you don't deal with this problem, love your rat. cheers

Rowan Stewart said...

Either male or female rats (I have Dumbo rats: basically rats with bigger ears) are SUPER fun and social animals. they will come when they are called when you train them with food, and they will climb all over you and even eat food right out of your hand. I love to put some milk in a syringe and feed it to them and they love it. Rats are the best pets I have ever had (I have really loved my mice, rabbit, dogs and cat too) but these are some of the most sociable and intelligent of all the rodents. plus they can be totally active right up until they get really old. I love 'em!

Evan Kerr the Bitch said...

great pets. look out for tumours and eye infections

Anonymous said...

hi!
we have 2 huge parrot cages that we have modified to be rat friendly and we now have a collection of 10 ratties! (girls in one boys in the other!)they are all vegans and we make their food fresh every day! they love just chilling out in front of the heater on the carpet while we cooking or watching tv... (its winter now!!) they are the cutest pets in the world!! they love having group swims in the bath with towel island in the middle! hehehe they are an unending source of entertainment!!! i love them to bits!!! :D

If you don't think rats are necessarily the pet you are looking for, but want a pet similar to a rat, I would look into a chinchilla. This link is great for the history of chinchillas, and is really interesting.
Google

Have any questions or comments? Email me at ratmanbv@gmail.com

ratmanbv@gmail.com