Welcome Viewers

On this blog there is good up to date information on rats. Below to the right are the dates of when I posted stuff. Click on the side ways arowose to see the posts that I wrote for that month. If you would like to read a little about me click on "Me and My Blog." Please feel free to watch the You Tube videos about rats - except for the five random videos that keep coming up, they have nothing to do with rats. I don't know why, also please vote on the serveys and leave comments. Please come back every once in a while because I will be posting things very often, so stay in tune. Feel free to click on the adds, some of them you may find helpful because they will bring you to discount rat cages. Hope this blog is useful. Thanks for reading!

Search Here

Custom Search

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

What to do when I get home right away.

Once you get home with your new rat it will probably be scared. Right when you get home put the rat in a quiet room, in its cage. If you don't do this it will be harder to build a relationship with your rat and it will probably be scared of you for a long time. Leave it in the cage for 45 minutes to an hour by itself, in its cage, in a quiet room. The longer you leave it in there the better it is. After that time you may carefully take him or her out. Be very quiet and stay away from place it might be tempted to run under. Every time I get a new rat I take it in the bath tub with no water or soap in it. With the drain plugged. I also gave it an easy-access hiding place, such as a tissue box and a toilet paper tube. If you do this your rat can't run away and it will be easier for the rat to get used to you. If you do all of this your rat will build a better relationship with you. Feel free to click on the you tube videos. Please fill out the survey, no Email address required.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi ratman-

This is an awsome blog!!! I think you should go to youtube and get a video of these surfing rats. You would get a lot of veiwers. Any way, all this information is really good. How long did it take you to make this blog?

If you don't think rats are necessarily the pet you are looking for, but want a pet similar to a rat, I would look into a chinchilla. This link is great for the history of chinchillas, and is really interesting.
Google

Have any questions or comments? Email me at ratmanbv@gmail.com

ratmanbv@gmail.com